By Antonella Tosti, Pearl E. Grimes, Maria Pia De Padova
First atlas to hide newest advances in chemical peel techniques
Fully illustrated to help step by step procedures
Ideal reference software for dermatologists concentrating on cosmetology
Read or Download Color Atlas of Chemical Peels PDF
Best surgery books
Masterfully pared down from 5 volumes to 2, the sixth version of 1 of the main depended on references usually surgical procedure offers a clinically orientated, encyclopedic overview of all concerns that problem the alimentary tract. With atlas-like caliber, a logically geared up structure, a brand new picture financial institution on CD-ROM, and an emphasis at the newest strategies and diagnostics, the recent Shackelford's will give you the entire medical application you wish with unquestioned authority and remarkable potency.
The potency of carotid surgical procedure on an asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis and its superiority to conservative remedy used to be essentially proven within the ACAS examine. The stroke possibility over a 5 12 months follow-up interval should be diminished via fifty five % and the mixed stroke and mortality expense was once proven to be an insignificant 2.
The second one quantity of Operative handbook of Endoscopic surgical procedure covers a few of the operative endoscopic systems which were brought into medical perform because the booklet of VoI. 1. within the basic part, we've integrated an up to date bankruptcy on instrumentation and new chapters on anaesthetic deal with ment of sufferers present process endoscopic surgical procedure and on video snapshot and checklist ing.
- Logan Turner's Diseases of the Nose, Throat and Ear: Head and Neck Surgery
- Current concepts in general surgery : a resident review
- Fibrin Sealant in Operative Medicine: Volume 6 General Surgery and Abdominal Surgery
- Pathology of the Head and Neck
- Left Main Coronary Artery Disease: A Practical Guide for the Interventional Cardiologist
Extra resources for Color Atlas of Chemical Peels
G. Unna in 1882. Over the past 40 years a number of innovations and applications of the TCA peel have been discovered. These discoveries include a more precise understanding of the exact depth of penetration of these agents and the ensuing histologic changes that occur. Other important advancements have been the use of TCA with a variety of other agents to achieve a deeper peel; these include the use of solid C02, Jessner’s solution, glycolic acid and manual dermasanding. More recently there has been promising reports of using higher strength TCA for treatment of deeper acne scarring.
13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. medium-depth chemical peeling: a clinical and histopathologic evaluation. Dermatol Surg 26(1) : 61–64 Javaheri SM, Handa S, Kaur I, Kumar B (2001) Safety and efficacy of glycolic acid facial peel in Indian women with melasma. Int J Dermatol 40(5) : 354–357 Atzori L, Brundu MA, Orru A, Biggio P (1999) Glycolic acid peeling in the treatment of acne. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereo 12(2) : 119–122 Erbagci Z, Akcali C (2000) Biweekly serial glycolic acid peels vs. long-term daily use of topical lowstrength glycolic acid in the treatment of atrophic acne scars.
Salicylic acid has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. When used in combination with benzoic acid in Whitfield’s ointment, it has fungicidal properties. G. Unna, a German dermatologist, was the first to describe the properties and use of salicylic acid. It has since been used for many decades as a keratolytic agent in concentrations of 3 to 6%. Salicylic acid is frequently utilized in topical acne preparations because of its comedolytic effects. In addition, it facilitates the penetration of other topical agents.